Strength and Physique, Volume One: The Articles
“This book is terrific. It distills years of experience and research into short sections laying out specific, creative programs for the major body parts, using the best science and advanced training techniques. Some of them created by the great 'masters' of bodybuilding like Larry Scott. Almost every section has a 'eureka' idea that I'm craving to try, like the back trifecta! The book is much more useful than subscriptions to all the muscle mags. I only wish I had it when I was a kid."
- Bob Vastine, world record holder in powerlifting
"If you're serious about gaining muscle, having the perfect physique or whatever it is you want to do to change the appearance of your body, then this book of articles written by James Chan is a must buy. I'm not kidding. With the information I got from these articles, I got a much better idea on how to train to gain muscle much quicker. If everyone in my gym had this book, they would all be jacked!"
- Jason Griffiths
"Your arm blast routine from Volume One that you pointed me to is phenomenal. Maybe it's just the pump, but I'm measuring 16 inches compared to 15 inches before - after just 2 trainings!"
- Steve Murphy, Australia
That’s right readers! I’ve completed my first bodybuilding book, Strength and Physique, Volume One: The Articles. It's a compilation of articles I’ve written for various sources such as T-nation.com, Bodybuilding.com and "Planet Muscle" magazine. The book represents 15 years of my life training and researching in the gym. It’s for the bodybuilder searching for the perfect balance between symmetry and mass. If you are looking to put on muscle in all of the right places, then this book is for you.
Some of the things you will learn in this book:
- The concept of symmetry, why it is important and what exercises will help you achieve it.
- The concept of training density, training decompression and how to alternate between the 2 for continuous maximum gains.
- How to train to naturally maximize your hormones for size and muscularity: growth hormone, insulin, and testosterone.
- Need help doing pullups? This simple technique will allow you perform negative pullups without the use of a spotter.
- Read chapters 4 and 5, and you can to turn your thighs into bundles of steel cables.
- Want to lift the most weight on the bench press? Tap into the techniques powerlifters use to build a massive bench.
- Want the secret to massive arms? It has everything to do with the muscle fibers with the greatest potential for growth. Learn where these fibers are located.
- Want to build up your rear deltoids? Most people do bent over laterals, but it’s an ineffective exercise. Learn of the best exercise for the back of your shoulders.
- Work out at home, but you want to build your calves? This exercise will unlock your potential for massive calves better than any machine.
- Learn the 6 factors of maximum muscular hypertrophy.
- Study the 5 battle-tested plans for size and strength.
- Want to be strong and ripped? Chapter 15 goes over 7 workout strategies for the warrior body.
And much more! Read this book, and you'll learn the science of strength and the art of the physique. Available in-print from Amazon.com, on the Kindle and as an Ebook from Lulu.com: